Thursday, November 3, 2011

Far to long....

I'm sorry for my slow posting, I've had the time, I just haven't been sure of what to write about. I ROCKED my first round of six. They told me I was going to be sick, and it was going to be intense, but I rocke it, the drugs really didn't bother me. The number one thing that bothered me was I accidentally came unhooked at one point, with a minor spill, my nurse had to legit siut up to clean it up, I had a problem with that because they where putting it into my body, awkward. Then following that, I had 2 MRIs, 1 round of chemo with my friend bec is tow!!!, 1 pet scan, and 3 doses of contrast. I found out my MRI, AND pet scan are CLEAR, meaning I am TUMOR and CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was about the only good from last week, I was a miserable fool. All of that messy contrast, and chemo did not mix well, and my kidneys did not enjoy it. I found myself back in the hospital on Friday. Cant say it was the best halloweeen, but I found the hospitals fish pond (thanks smith) and got to enjoy the final nice day in kc. Now we have two Monday's until we start round 2. Maybe I will tolerate this better and go to a 21 day cycle. I would love to skip my birthday and Christmas, but who knows what will happen, I can only hope for the best.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Natalie, I've been following your Mom's blog on CaringBridge and have kept you in my thoughts and prayers...my name is Kristen and I'm 28 and I'm in the Army, actually not far, we're stationed at Ft. Leavenworth! We live off post in Zona Rosa, that shopping area outside of KC. Anyways, your hospital isn't far at all, only 15 min away and if you wanted to, I'd love to visit you so you have company for a little bit! If so, shoot me an email at wakerkp@gmail.com. I can also talk to your Mom first too if that's better. Anyways, keep it up!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete